Concept of Systems Approach (SA)
SA enables us to design complex systems by the use of resources in form of men, money, machine and materials so that the total system may be designed, fitted together, checked and operated to achieve the goal in the most efficient way.
SA provides a framework for planning, decision-making, controlling and problem `to combine’ or `to together’ solving. The word system is derived from the Greek word which means ‘to combine’ or ‘to bring together’.
A system is a set of inter related & inter dependent parts working towards a common purpose.
E.g. the human body is a system with all the organs, muscles, bones & conscious that like all its part.
System approach is a framework for decision making planning, controlling & most important problem-solving
Neil’s view “system approach to education is defined as a particular method of exploration to find effective ways of problem solving, designing & organizing learning situation in education”.
Keshon and Michean SA is one of the techniques which aim in finding the most efficient and economically intelligent method for solving the problems of education scientifically.’
Concept of Educational Management by Pre Primary Teachers Training
Education is an enterprise but the aim of school is not production of the stipulated amount of goods or products but producing good citizens.
Educational Management is sum total of processes through which appropriate human and material resources are made available and effective for accomplishing the purpose of an enterprise
Nature of Management (management is) along
1) Continuous process (POSDCORB)
2) A group activity, team work to achieve objectives.
3) Art and science. Managers are artistic scientists.
4) Result oriented and goal directed,.
5) Adopts professional approach
6) Touches all walks of life, covers all departments, activities, all levels of management, a universal process.
Management principles developed by Henri Fayol:
- Division of Work
- Authority: The concepts of the authority and responsibilities are closely related.
- Discipline: obey and respect the rules
- Unity of command: receives order from only one manager
- Unity of direction: The entire organisation is moving towards common objective in a common direction.
- Subordinate of individual interest to the general interest
- Remuneration: fair wage of their services.
- Scalar chain: manages in hierarehies upper level managers informed of their work
- Order: systematic arrangement of men, machine, material, etc.
- Equity: employees treated as equally as possible.
- Stability of tenure of personnel: retaining productive employees, high priority of management.
- Initiative: steps to encourage initiative.
- Espirit de corps: Promoting team spirit will build harmony and unity, within the organisation.
Feedback by Early Childhood Education Course
Effectiveness and proficiency of the trained teachers at the schools they join will provide a feedback to the institutions to improve effectiveness in terms of specified objectives. Thus the feedback is provided from the external environment the employing schools as well as the internal environment the students and the teachers about the effectiveness of the programme.
Certain changes in the society will prompt changes in the syllabus, curriculum or skills of the learner.
The process can be re-structured, re-organized and functions can be re-planned for better results.